The week beginning 15th February, 2021:
From Rev’d Gill,
• Morning Prayer Service on Wednesday 17th February. Please contact
Charles Lewis for zoom joining details. firstname.lastname@example.org. All are welcome!
• Tuesday & Thursday Daily Morning Prayer at 8am on Facebook Live. All are welcome to join us as we pray together. You may also watch the video and follow the short prayer service at any time on Facebook.
• Wednesday Living Word (no Compline this week). Please ask Rev’d Gill for the Zoom joining details. Please note this is the last week of these services led by Gill and Steve.
• Vickie Ward’s funeral service will take place on Tuesday 16th February at St Mary’s at 3pm.
• Ash Wednesday – A pre-recorded Holy Communion Service, which can be viewed any time, but we recommend joining together at 7pm.
There are a few ways to participate
Send in the cross shapes you’ve made and photographed (or
get in touch and I’ll photograph them).
Since we can’t use traditional ash from palm crosses, you can,
if you wish, make your own from soil or cocoa powder mixed
with a little oil. If you don’t believe me, listen to Daren, Head
Virger on YouTube at Winchester Cathedral as he explains! https://
• Luke in Lent – begins on Ash Wednesday with daily reflections by people from our benefice community, including some of our own at St Mary’s! If you do not want to receive these via email please let Peter Wood know,
(email@example.com). Please let me know if you are able to print and take a version to others without internet access.
• Farewell Zooms – Save the date(s)! Since we aren’t able to say farewell
in the way we’d love to, we’re arranging a number of opportunities,
some will be ‘doorstep’ ones and others on Zoom. Joining details will
be given next Sunday for 22 Feb at 11am, 23 Feb at 7.30pm, and 24th
Feb at 4pm.
If you have any questions or would like to contact Rev Gill, please phone the Vicarage on 01189 279 321.