I hope you will be able to join in our service tomorrow morning – Advent Sunday – and that you all have all received your Advent Journey booklet which includes the order of service. If you haven’t, please look on the website while yours arrives! The link is below:
It’s been another week of adjustments and decision making for us all and I know there will be disappointments about Christmas and that it’s challenging and tiring weighing up the ‘right’ thing to do. As the time approaches we want to make sure everyone is well cared for and connected, so let’s keep talking about that. However, in light of the guidelines we will be able to have some services in the church again, though we’ll keep our Sunday’s on Zoom and Wednesday Morning Prayer I draw your attention to the following things that are planned:
- Christingle on Sunday 13th at 4pm, partly outside, partly inside.
- Blue Christmas (a reflective quiet service for Christmas) on Sunday 19th at 4pm in Church and on Zoom. Please email me to book a place.
- Christmas Shed Carol Services with a difference, Sunday 20, Monday 21, Tuesday 22nd (at St Mary’s) and Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th at St Paul’s, all at 6pm except 24th at 4pm. St Mary’s is hosting on the 20th. Please do share the attached poster.
- Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve at 11pm, finishing before midnight to avoid any revellers! Please email me to book a place.
- Christmas Morning Zoom – to share greetings at 10am
Zoom invitations to follow …..
Extra help needed for biscuit making as we’d like to give them away at Christingle and on the 20th. Please let Heather Saunders know (at coffee) if you’d like to make any and she will collect them from you in advance.
Also we would like to give a good St Mary’s welcome to all who come to the Christmas Shed opening on the 20th Dec. Please email Greg Whittick to let him know as he’s organising the teams. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to Andrew and Charles for constructing the Christmas Shed!
With Advent blessings!