From Rev’d Gill
As promised and as mentioned on Sunday, here is the link to watch more of the video and music by the group Epiphany expressing lament during the pandemic.
A reflection on the altar frontal of The Wedding at Cana by Margaret Brackenborough
When I first saw the altarpiece at the beginning of the service sheet on Sunday I didn’t even think of Epiphany. My first impression was of creation with those glorious colours representing the four elements of earth, air, fire and water, all intermingling and flowing through and around each other with no beginning and no end and the detail was the richness within creation with nothing repeating and everything moving forward. I absolutely love it.
I can see the story of Epiphany and the water into wine in the piece, but for me I will always see creation with all those amazing colours and textures.
Thank you, Margaret, for your thoughtful response. Please send any more thoughts or reflections you may have had.
For your prayers
- Please continue to hold Vickie’s sons, Greg and Lewis, and family in prayer. Funeral details below.
- Please continue to pray for the Jeff family, Jane, Jane, Ian, Kieran, and Hayden following the death of Jane’s brother John, and for Pat Wickam and family following the death of Jack.
- We had news that Margaret Downing is in hospital. Please pray for her and for those caring for her.
- Please pray for all who face this week with fear or in loneliness, for those suffering in our hospitals, and all who work in the NHS and in caring professions.
- Please send any prayer requests to us so we can include them here, if you wish.
Vickie Ward’s funeral service will take place on Tuesday 16th February at St Mary’s at 3pm. It will be live-streamed, and Greg and Lewis invite any of Vickie’s friends from St Mary’s to come to church. Please be mindful of the risks associated with doing so and let me know if you would like to come, space permitting.
Here is a link from the Bible Society that a few people passed on to me. Our community Garden 23 features in a Bible reading guide! The bulbs in the garden are emerging and showing us signs of spring hope which we very much need.
During the week beginning 4th February 2021:
Tuesday and Thursday – Daily Morning Prayer at 8am – on Facebook Live. Join us as we pray together. You may also watch the video and follow the short prayer service at any time on Facebook.
Wednesday at 10am – Morning Prayer on Zoom – led by Charles Lewis. Please contact Charles for the Zoom joining details at his email address: firstname.lastname@example.org All are welcome!
Wednesday at 7.30pm – Living Word on Zoom followed by Compline at approximately 8.15pm on Zoom and on Facebook Live – please let Revd Gill know if you would like to join the Zoom meeting. All are welcome! More information can be found on St Mary’s Tadley website Living Word [https://st-marys-church-tadley.org.uk/services/living-word/]
St Mary’s remains open for private prayer on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
With Ephiphany blessings,
If you have any questions or would like to contact Rev’d Gill, please phone the Vicarage on 01189 279 321.